Pills and Weed: Managing Injury Risks
Joint Meeting of ASSE, AIHA, AHMP-NSC, and MAOHN (the TEAM Approach)
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Radisson Hotel Roseville
Learn how to manage injury or re-injury concerns related to prescription drug use in the workplace, without running afoul of disability discrimination laws. Get an update on Minnesota's medical marijuana law and its implications for workers' compensation.
Location: University of Minnesota
2221 Unversity Avenue
When: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 8:30am - 4:00pm
Parking: Gopher Lot (23rd Avenue behind bldg.)
Accomodations: Days Inn
2407 University Avenue SE
Are you a busy Occupational Health and Safety Professional interested in keeping up to date on the latest in your field? Or just interested in learning more about this unique profession? This full day conference addresses current issues in occupational health and safety that will enhance your professional practice while you earn 0.5 CEUs (5 nursing contact hours).
- 8:30 Registration/Continental Breakfast
- 9 - 9:50am - What Makes an Injury Work-Related - An Evolving Concept
Doug Brown | Attorney at Law
- 10 - 10:50am - Minnesota's Medical Cannabis Program
Darin Teske | Minnesota Department of Health
- 11 - 11:25am - Creating a Culture of Health in the Workplace
Natalie McShane, RD | American Heart Association
- 11:30am - 11:55am - Caring for the Care-giver: Creative Strategies to Improve Workplace Wellness in Healthcare
Catherine Justus, DPT | Hennepin Healthcare
- 11:55 - 1:00pm - Buffet Lunch (MAOHN Business Meeting and Awards)
- 1 - 1:50pm - Drug and Alcohol Workplace Policies, Testing and Discipline Under The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
David Cossi | Attorney at Law
- 2 - 2:50pm - Essentials of Resiliency
Michelle Morris, MSW | 3M Employee Assistance Program
- 3 - 4:00pm - Contact Dermatitis
Erin Warshaw, MD | Park Nicollet Contact Dermatitis Clinic
- $85 (MAOHN Members/Students)
- (Includes continental breakfast/lunch, parking, and CEUs)
Applications/Nominations for 2018 Awards and Scholarships
Applications/Nominations for 2018 Awards and Scholarships will be accepted from January 1 through March 31, 2018.
1) MAOHN Nurse of the Year
2) Medique Leadership Award
3) MAOHN Scholarship Award
4) MAOHN Student Membership Scholarship.
For more information: http://www.maohn.org/awards.php
AAOHN National Conference
AAOHN National Conference in Reno, NV April 16 - 18, 2018 See more information at http://aaohn.org/2018conference.