Jobs in Occupational Health Nursing
If You Would Like To Have a Job Posted On This Site
To have a job posted on the MAOHN web site, please forward the job information to the MAOHN via email. Please make sure to include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description & Qualifications
- Contact Information
- Date the Job is to be removed from the site.
Our preference is to post the job information in .pdf format.
If a change is required after a job has been posted or if you would like to remove a job posting prior to the end date, than the individual who posted the job should contact the MAOHN to request this change to the job posting.
Occupational Health Nurse (New Ulm, MN) - Req#R00933426
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse for the Electrical Markets Division (EMD) Plant located in New Ulm, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Occupational Health Nurse will promote the health and well-being of 3M employees through onsite programs and services, implementing population-based programs to manage or improve health.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/plant-locations-us/new-ulm/.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads case and care management for employees with work-related or non-occupational illness and/or injury, coordinating with vendor or appropriate parties to determine return to work/disability management plan
- Leads cross-functional disability management and return to work planning with location management team, advising on legislative and regulatory requirements in relation to medical needs. Provides feedback on vendor effectiveness with case management if vendor required
- Provides direct care of illness/injury and contributes to clinical protocol development and revision. Supports first aid team in medical emergencies and trains them on first aid protocols
- Responsible to maintain appropriate electronic records/reports
- Plans and implements required or recommended medical surveillance programs according to protocols with employee follow-up. Provides input into protocol development and/or revision
- Provides health education and wellness materials and information, both one-on-one and to groups. Understands local prevalent illnesses and participates with company Occupational Medicine Physician on design of health promotion programs to enhance employee well-being
- Collaborates with Employee Assistance Professional for referrals and to identify mental health/substance abuse education needs as allowed by government regulations, and refers appropriately to local healthcare providers and company Occupational Medicine Physician
- Conducts plant walkthroughs with the occupational health team, providing recommendations for improvements with the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) committee. Participates on plant Ergonomics Committee
- Delivers health promotion programs to plant population, including appropriate immunizations, preventive screenings if indicated, or coordination of government required preventive examinations
- Completes preplacement exams for all potential employees onsite in accordance with company and government policies
- Supports the Safety function by delivering appropriate training on potential health-related exposure effects or medical topics
- Communicates with EHS the information regarding work-related illness/injury for incident log management and required government reporting, and maintains medical files with preservation of confidentiality. Assists in preparing data for management summaries.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Occupational Health, Public Health and/or Clinical Nursing in a private, public, government or military environment
- Current, unrestricted Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing (BSN/BAN) or related discipline from an accredited university
- Certification(s)/willingness to obtain:
- Council for Accreditation Occupational Hearing Conservation (OHC, PS and/or PS)
- National Institute of Safety and Health (NIOSH) Spirometry
- American Board of Occupational Health (COHN, COHN-S and/or Case Management)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification (that includes AED)
- Knowledge and experience with disability management, basic ergonomics, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and state privacy acts, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), applicable Workers' Compensation statutes, applicable Nurse Practice Act, and medical surveillance regulatory requirements are needed
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems
- Coordinating, influencing, and short-term planning and strategic planning skills in regard to programs and priorities.
- Microsoft Office proficient with advanced computer skills
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Location: New Ulm, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Date to Remove: 2018-05-24
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
Business Health Solutions, PC
Seeking Dynamic Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner
Location: Edina, MN
Business Health Solutions, PC is a leader in providing occupational health, safety, and environmental professionals and expertise to the business community. We are excited to have an opportunity with a valued client in Edina, Minnesota for an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner. This position performs under the general direction of the Regional Health Director and within the general framework of the Health Services Operating Discipline and Clinical Guidelines of our client.
Clinical Care Role:
- Provide nursing assessment and interventions within the scope of practice of the practitioner. Assessment includes obtaining a complete history, performing a physical assessment noting deviations from the norm, ordering medical testing and making a nursing assessment. Interventions include selecting, administering or ordering medications, physical therapy, specialist consultations and recommending medical limitations or restrictions to activity, all within the Clinical Guidelines approved by the site physician.
- Evaluate employees with work-related injuries and illnesses and/or personal medical conditions for their fitness for duty. This includes obtaining and reviewing company and external health and position information, completing a medical history and performing any needed physical assessments in order to define the appropriate work placement for the employee's medical status.
- Provide travel health counseling and services for business travelers. This includes counseling on specific health concerns based on the traveler's itinerary and providing or arranging the recommended immunizations, medications or other interventions needed.
Case Management Role:
- Provide Case Management services, as defined in the Health Services Operating Discipline, for work related cases and for identified personal cases. Case management includes obtaining and reviewing health and position information on a case, developing a specific plan for returning the employee to the highest level of job capability given the medical condition and then monitoring, tracking and communicating progress.
- Medical Review Board (MRB) Participation. An MRB may be requested by the practitioner to address complex or difficult medical, job or personal issues complicating the management of a case. The practitioner will then contribute Health Services expertise to the MRB as it develops a strategy and will implement the specific steps identified for Health Services by that strategy.
Health Assessment Program Role:
- Develop the specific Health Assessment Program plan for assigned employee groups, using the Health Services Operating Discipline. This includes evaluating plant or department chemical and physical agent hazards, exposure information and regulatory and company standards to determine the specific testing and frequency needed for employees in the group. This process is done with the support of the Industrial Hygiene delivery technician with administrative support from Corporate Health Services.
- Provide Health Assessment services. This includes completing required physical assessments of employees noting deviations from the norm and performing other selected tests as needed at the site.
- Provide Health Assessment employee review. This includes reviewing the results of the history, physical examination, functional and laboratory testing and determining the need for follow-up or work place restrictions, all within the Clinical Guidelines approved by the site physician. These determinations are communicated to the employee in person or in writing. Determinations of the employee's fitness for work are communicated to management.
- Create Health Assessment Program Plant Health Report. Corporate Health Services will aggregate Health Assessment information for all employees in a plant or department. This information is reviewed to determine if any occupationally related health concerns or trends are noted for the group and also to assess the general preventive health status of the group. Aggregate reports must include 15 or more employees to be shared outside of Health Services. A formal report of the conclusions is prepared and sent to supervision and Delivery. If needed, additional interventions including potential follow-up studies will be developed. The Plant Health report may be communicated to employees in writing or by presentations.
- Provide Preventive Health Services. The practitioner provides health promotion and disease prevention strategies using primary, secondary and tertiary prevention principles. This role is met through individual employee counseling, participation in Plant Health Risk review and audits and through health education and training programs offered to employees using adult learning approaches. Regional Health Promotion Coordinator provides standard Corporate Health Services Programs and materials.
Business Health Solutions, PC offers competitive benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, contribution to Health Savings Account Plan, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Education Assistance, Continuing Education Benefits, Certification Benefits, 401 (k).
To apply, please email email@example.com. You may also apply online at http://bhspc.net/candidate-panel/candidate-registration/.
Date to Remove: 2018-05-30
Performance Acceleration Project - 3-6 Month Short Term Engagement
Occupational Health Start Up
A Lync3 Health Care System Client has made the strategic decision to start up an Occupational Health Enterprise.
Lync3 is seeking an individual who has the expertise in starting and operating an employer occupational health program. The individual will offer expertise and support in the development of a business plan and perform; develop the scope of services, and provide leadership in the marketing and roll out of the program.
Please submit a resume to Mary Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date to Remove: 2018-05-31
Registered Nurse (RN) - Occupational Health
Mayo Clinic Health System
La Crosse, WI
What if your career could change your life?
Mayo Clinic Health System has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse who is interested in Occupational Medicine. This unique position will have work responsibilities with a large employer in La Crosse, WI. This role will provide nursing services onsite at the local employer's manufacturing facilities.
We desire to create and support an organizational culture where all employees are mission driven, embody organizational values, and practice relationship based care. We adhere to the primary value "the needs of the patient come first." The daily actions of the staff demonstrate the vision and values of the organization. The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. This individual supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. Qualified candidate will function within the Mayo Nursing Care Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN. Wi1l provide leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. Delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources. Must possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
One year RN experience within the last five years preferred. Student or Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program. All associate degree or diploma registered nurses hired into the Department of Nursing must provide documented evidence of program completion of their baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program within 6 years from the last day of the month of their RN start date.
Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers - BCLS - certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date. A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts, including your full name, must be attached to your profile to be considered.
Please visit http://mayocareers.com/MAOHN to apply now!
Learn and grow among the best in your field at the nation's top hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2017-2018), ranked No. 1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, you'll use the power of collaboration to achieve the highest standards for medical care and health improvement, working in the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with over 60,000 employees. You're invited to contribute to a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. Being a part of Mayo Clinic allows for more work-life balance, competitive compensation and generous benefits, career security and the ability to manage and coordinate patient care in the most efficient ways possible.
©2018 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Post offer/pre-employment drug screening is required. Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Date to Remove: 2018-06-30
Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann Company
Location: Welch, MN
Occupational Health Registered Nurse needed for an electric company located in Welch, MN.
Schedule: Immediate need - May 25th 7:00am- 3:00pm Monday-Friday
May 27th - July 27th 7:00AM-1:00PM Monday-Friday
Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Minnesota RN license
- Basic Occupational Health experience
What You Will Be Doing:
- Treat and triage injuries
- Pre-employment physicals
Recruiter: Louisa Grosh
Phone Number: 215.656.2646
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodations in the application process.
Date to Remove: 2018-07-27
Process Followed for MAOHN Job Postings:
- Company is to notify via email to: maohn.org their request for a job posting, preferable in .pdf format or appropriate reproducible format for website.
- Company is to include an "end date" for posting.
- Company is to include their contact information.
- Postings must be for an actual job position available, not open resume collection.
- Representative from PR committee for MAOHN, reviews the request for authenticity and appropriate venue for posting at maohn.org.
- If representative of PR committee of MAOHN approves the request, they are then to forward to our Webmaster, Eric Schmid, indicating he may post this job at our website.
- Webmaster will then individually post job for predetermined time.
- Company is responsible to notify maohn.org if they want job posting removed prior to deadline or if changes are needed to the posting.
- MAOHN is not responsible for the content of job posting accuracy, this is the sole responsibility of the company requesting free job posting.
- Job postings at MAOHN are a service to our membership and MAOHN does not earn revenue from job postings.