Jobs in Occupational Health Nursing
If You Would Like To Have a Job Posted On This Site
To have a job posted on the MAOHN web site, please forward the job information to the MAOHN via email. Please send only jobs available to Minnesota and/or border states for OHNs. Please make sure to include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description & Qualifications
- Contact Information
- Date the Job is to be removed from the site.
Our preference is to post the job information in .pdf format.
If a change is required after a job has been posted or if you would like to remove a job posting prior to the end date, than the individual who posted the job should contact the MAOHN to request this change to the job posting.
Registered Nurse needed for contract work opportunity with Yoh's client located in the Minneapolis, MN. We are looking for Nurses in the month of October!
Hours: 730-4 (30 min break)
- 3 Nurses 10/9 & 10/11
- 1 Nurses 10/21 & 23
Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Registered Nurse
- At least one - two (1-2) years of clinical
- Must have prior experience giving flu shots
What You'll Be Doing:
- RN provides client sites with flu shots for their Internal Employees
- RN Provides health education and wellness materials and information, both one-on-one and to groups
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Must demonstrate mature judgment, initiative, critical thinking, accuracy and attention to detail
- At least one-two (1-2) years of recent Occupational Health, Emergency Room, and/or Urgent Care experience
- Must be licensed in MN
- CPR Certified
- Experience with flu and wellness programs
What's In It For You?
- Weekends and holidays off
- Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities.
- Direct deposit & weekly epayroll
What are you waiting for? APPLY NOW!
Recruiter: Kim Myers
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Date to Remove: 2018-10-05
Occupational Health Nurse (RN/NP)
Provide occupational health services including treatment and care to site population. Manage a diversity of programs and systems. Includes the management of all employee injuries and illnesses, associated workers' compensation cases, medical surveillance programs and protocols, logs and screenings. Manage all medical supplies. Coordinate corporate occupational health and safety programs. Conduct applicable employee training and participate in various site teams and emergency response. Work with Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) and HR Staff. Work closely with all site Employees, Managers and Supervisors. Aggressively pursue a reduction in Workers' Compensation costs through effective case management, return to work and other effective prevention programs.
5+ years experience and current RN or NP license required, Bachelors degree preferred. 2+ years experience in Occupational Health.
This position will be initially located at these 2 sites:
5050 Nathan Lane, Plymouth, MN on Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm
177 County Road B East, St Paul, MN. Tuesday and Thursday 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm
The person selected for this position will be helping and assisting with the set-up of the new clinic locations and must feel comfortable with these duties in the beginning which will be a combination of administrative and implementation duties and be flexible and able to work independently. Must also be flexible with work space before clinic is fully functional. Additional requirements include: current CPR Certification. Ergonomic Assessments: Ability to perform ergonomic assessments and recommend workplace modifications. Orthopedic Assessments: Ability to perform orthopedic assessments and diagnose common orthopedic conditions. Americans with Disabilities (ADA): Prior experience with ADA case evaluation and placement.
Date to Remove: 2018-10-05
Occupational Health Nurse - (RN)
Fairview Health Services
As a Fairview/HealthEast Employee Occupational Health Nurse you are responsible for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of professional nursing care provided to Fairview employees, candidates, providers and workers at other locations.
These two (2) openings are full-time, day shift, weekday positions working at either the University of Minnesota Medical Center's West Bank (Riverside) or East Bank (University) locations. There, you'll partner with an experienced team driven to deliver exceptional service/care so our staff can do the same for our patients and families.
The EOHS RN performs both independent and interdependent nursing functions. Independent functions include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of medical services for worker populations. Interdependent functions include communication strategies with various stakeholders and colleagues (i.e.: recruiting, hiring manager, infection prevention, case management, medical consultant, etc.). Maintains a safe work environment for employees and ensures safe patient care by certifying employees are infectious disease free, and physically & mentally able to perform essential job functions.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing safety improvements that are designed to protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions.
- Provides employee occupational health services. Evaluates and facilitates appropriate medical care for injured/ill employees that improves quality and cost effectiveness of both healthcare and employee return to work.
- Collaborates with Employee Health and Safety team to implement and coordinate Injury Prevention programs, Ergonomics, Respirator Protection program, annual Influenza campaign and the Safety Committees.
- Acts as Return-to-Work care manager for occupational and non-occupational cases. Coordinates case management process. Communicates and coordinates case management activity with injured employee and appropriate individuals such as: supervisor/manager, Human Resources Business Partners, third party administrator, QRC, physician, etc.
- Participates in the HealthEast/Fairview Infection Control Program as it applies to employees; including Blood borne Pathogens and Tuberculosis prevention.
- Creates and implements training on a variety of topics related to safety within the work place.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Minimum AD two year college nursing degree
- Current MN RN licensure and CPR certification
- Minimum two years work experience in occupational health nursing or in an area of nursing requiring independent nursing skills (i.e.: ER nursing, college health/school nursing, etc.)
- Minimum computer skills must be sufficient to efficiently work with email, on-line charging, various on-line systems, etc.
- BSN four year college nursing degree
- Current certification as COHN-S or COHN
- RN with experience or a broad understanding of hospital EOHS processes and infection prevention practices
Date to Remove: 2018-10-14
Physician Assistant OR Nurse Practitioner
Location: Mountain Iron, MN
Make a Difference with Us...
Working at CareOnSite as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner is more than a job! It's an experience that offers professional growth, work life balance, exposure to telecommunications technology and an opportunity to travel and work remotely.
CareOnSite, a division of Tang & Company, is a rapidly growing company providing and occupational medical services with over 50 sites, nationwide. We currently have a need for Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) with excellent clinical and multi-tasking skills. We offer employees competitive pay with excellent benefits.
- Utilizes telemedicine platform to evaluate and treat patients off-site in addition to providing in person care
- Performs therapeutic and minor surgical procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, Sub Q foreign body removal, simple foreign body removal of the eye/cornea and burn care
- Provides occupational medicine services, including DOT exams and the treatment of Worker's Compensation injuries
- Performs pre-participation physicals for employment
- Maintains patient charts accurately and comprehensively
- Documents patient information in Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Minimum Education and Experience
- 3+ years of occupation medicine or emergency medicine/urgent care experience.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in both a fast track and main emergency department setting.
- Able to work independently and serve as a leader for the team
- Excellent bedside manner and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
Qualification and Skills
- Current State PA licensed or NP licensed
- Current DEA license
- Current BCLS (CPR/AED) or ACLS certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 562.437.0831 ext. 1181.
Date to Remove: 2018-10-31
Process Followed for MAOHN Job Postings:
- Company is to notify via email to: maohn.org their request for a job posting, preferable in .pdf format or appropriate reproducible format for website.
- Company is to include an "end date" for posting.
- Company is to include their contact information.
- Postings must be for an actual job position available, not open resume collection.
- Representative from PR committee for MAOHN, reviews the request for authenticity and appropriate venue for posting at maohn.org.
- If representative of PR committee of MAOHN approves the request, they are then to forward to our Webmaster, Eric Schmid, indicating he may post this job at our website.
- Webmaster will then individually post job for predetermined time.
- Company is responsible to notify maohn.org if they want job posting removed prior to deadline or if changes are needed to the posting.
- MAOHN is not responsible for the content of job posting accuracy, this is the sole responsibility of the company requesting free job posting.
- Job postings at MAOHN are a service to our membership and MAOHN does not earn revenue from job postings.