Jobs in Occupational Health Nursing
If You Would Like To Have a Job Posted On This Site
To have a job posted on the MAOHN web site, please forward the job information to the MAOHN via email. Please send only jobs available to Minnesota and/or border states for Occupational (Industrial) Health Nurses (OHNs). Please make sure to include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description & Qualifications
- Contact Information
- Date the Job is to be removed from the site.
Our preference is to post the job information in .pdf format.
If a change is required after a job has been posted or if you would like to remove a job posting prior to the end date, than the individual who posted the job should contact the MAOHN to request this change to the job posting.
Occupational Health Nurse
SUEZ - Water Technologies & Solutions
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Status: Full Time
- Acts as a professional health resource for the organization's management in planning and maintaining initiatives and programs that meet defined goals and objectives.
- Provides initial assessment of occupational injuries, illnesses and exposures and may treat or refer for further evaluation as necessary in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Assesses non-occupational sudden illnesses occurring at work, determines the immediacy of treatment, and gives guidance to seek care from emergency/personal health care providers.
- Coordinates nursing process to generate consistent documentation of treatment, interactive process and administrative aspects.
- Aggressively manages work related cases by collaborating with treatment, rehabilitation providers, and third-party representatives to coordinate/provide for the appropriate care, treatment and follow-up based on knowledge of the specific work environment for optimal outcomes.
- Identifies team member goals, objectives, and actions in a comprehensive case management plan and implements interventions to achieve desired outcomes within designated time frames.
- Manages the Worker's Compensation program for the site
- Provides Disability Case Management for the site
- Assists supervisors and employees with return to work issues including work restrictions, modified scheduling and job accommodations.
- Develops self-first aid plans for work-related situations providing guidance and resources as appropriate.
- Coordinates with outside provider on ergonomic needs including stretching and other prevention and first aid assistance as needed.
- Provides health-related counseling for supervisors and employees within the scope of nursing knowledge and practice.
- Conducts workplace walkthroughs/assessments and exposure follow-up.
- Maintains and safeguards privacy and confidentiality of business and protected health information.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of health-related policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education to ensure competency and performance consistent with professional Occupational Health Nursing standards.
- Willingly shares expertise and experience with others; is considered a subject matter expert.
- Participates in or leads health related teams and events as assigned.
- Provides ideas, expertise and guidance on how to improve the health environment of team members through health promotion strategies that optimize health and prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Encourages, supports and actively contributes to the team.
- Registered Professional Nurse with current State license to practice.
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum 5 + years' experience in Occupational Health
- Certified Occupational Health nursing accreditation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Solid knowledge of the discipline of Occupational Health
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA and other federal regulations that govern the workplace.
- Detailed knowledge of Worker's Compensation regulations.
- Working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Self-starter who works independently, planning, organizing and prioritizing daily work routines to meet established schedules and deadlines.
- Experience leading teams and coordinating health related events.
- First Aid/CPR/BBP training certification a plus
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com, or go to https://hris-suez.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=25121&site=8 and fill out the online application.
Date to Remove: 2021-06-08
Process Followed for MAOHN Job Postings:
- Company is to notify via email to: maohn.org their request for a job posting, preferable in .pdf format or appropriate reproducible format for website.
- Company is to include an "end date" for posting.
- Company is to include their contact information.
- Postings must be for an actual job position available, not open resume collection.
- Representative from PR committee for MAOHN, reviews the request for authenticity and appropriate venue for posting at maohn.org.
- If representative of PR committee of MAOHN approves the request, they are then to forward to our Webmaster, Eric Schmid, indicating he may post this job at our website.
- Webmaster will then individually post job for predetermined time.
- Company is responsible to notify maohn.org if they want job posting removed prior to deadline or if changes are needed to the posting.
- MAOHN is not responsible for the content of job posting accuracy, this is the sole responsibility of the company requesting free job posting.
- Job postings at MAOHN are a service to our membership and MAOHN does not earn revenue from job postings.