Jobs in Occupational Health Nursing
If You Would Like To Have a Job Posted On This Site
To have a job posted on the MAOHN web site, please forward the job information to the MAOHN via email. Please send only jobs available to Minnesota and/or border states for Occupational (Industrial) Health Nurses (OHNs). Please make sure to include the following information:
- Job Title
- Job Description & Qualifications
- Contact Information
- Date the Job is to be removed from the site.
Our preference is to post the job information in .pdf format.
If a change is required after a job has been posted or if you would like to remove a job posting prior to the end date, than the individual who posted the job should contact the MAOHN to request this change to the job posting.
Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
North Memorial Health
Location: Robbinsdale, MN
This position provides technical guidance and leadership of systemwide workforce health, wellbeing, safety and absence management programs. Plans, designs, and implements programs, policy, procedures and systems that align with corporate strategies to improve all employee health programs, including occupational health, wellbeing, safety and absence management. Creates a culture of health that proactively addresses health, wellbeing and safety risks of the team member. In this leadership role the Manager, Team Member Health Services will model professional behaviors, nursing excellence, integrity, organizational commitment, and strive to problem solve through innovation and creative solutions. This role will lead a team of occupational health nurses, wellbeing and absence management professionals and inspire them to excel and support the development of new and emerging services.
- Interacts with the leaders and team members of North Memorial Health, Maple Grove Hospital and Blaze Health to promote and provide compliant occupational health, wellbeing, safety and absence management services.
- Direct the development, implementation, delivery, and periodic review of appropriate policies, occupational health and safety standards and procedures, wellbeing and absence management programs and strategies to ensure best in class performance, regulatory compliance, program effectiveness, standardization, quality assurance, and team member satisfaction.
- Ensure regular audits and/or best practice reviews of all occupational health and safety services. This requires regular communication with management teams to ensure alignment on occupational health and safety requirements, risk assessments, priorities, gaps, and compliance issues. Best practices in occupational health and safety will require continuous improvement and benchmarking initiatives.
- Support the development, implementation, assessment and review of occupational health and safety programs and supporting educational programs to meet applicable corporate, state, federal, and OSHA requirements. Programs include injury prevention, ergonomics, respiratory protection, vaccinations, medical surveillance, medical clearance, health monitoring, pre-placement/post-offer evaluations, fitness for duty, return to work, ADA/FMLA, case management, and health related absence management.
- Oversee systemwide absence management program and services of occupational and non-occupational leaves of absence and work accommodation to improve regulatory compliance, quality, team member experience and drive cost efficiencies.
- Champion and embed wellbeing and resiliency strategies into culture and work environment empowering team members to own their health/wellbeing and deliver unmatched customer experience.
- Provide direct management to occupational health nurses, wellbeing and absence management professions including orientation, coaching and feedback, problem solving and objective guidance, clinical issues, performance reviews, calibration, salary handling, career development, and continuing education.
- Responsible for establishing, tracking, and reporting metrics reflecting impact of occupational health, safety, wellbeing and absence management programs and report program outcomes to respectively committees and management.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams and maintains effective working relationships with other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's (BSN) degree required. Masterís degree preferred.
- Five or more years of experience leading workplace safety and occupational health.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory or people management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical expertise related to occupational health, safety, workers compensation and absence management programs and regulations.
- Understanding of wellbeing programs.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
COHN-S, COHN or COHN-CM
MN RN license required
Date to Remove: 2021-07-20
Process Followed for MAOHN Job Postings:
- Company is to notify via email to: maohn.org their request for a job posting, preferable in .pdf format or appropriate reproducible format for website.
- Company is to include an "end date" for posting.
- Company is to include their contact information.
- Postings must be for an actual job position available, not open resume collection.
- Representative from PR committee for MAOHN, reviews the request for authenticity and appropriate venue for posting at maohn.org.
- If representative of PR committee of MAOHN approves the request, they are then to forward to our Webmaster, Eric Schmid, indicating he may post this job at our website.
- Webmaster will then individually post job for predetermined time.
- Company is responsible to notify maohn.org if they want job posting removed prior to deadline or if changes are needed to the posting.
- MAOHN is not responsible for the content of job posting accuracy, this is the sole responsibility of the company requesting free job posting.
- Job postings at MAOHN are a service to our membership and MAOHN does not earn revenue from job postings.