Hello MAOHN Members and Friends,
December is here, truly the season of lights!
As the year continues to more forward, so are your MAOHN Board of directors. Here are the highlights:
AAOHN Optional Chapter Restructure
MAOHN strategic plan update
- Member voices have been heard and the AAOHN Chapter Challenges Taskforce and Board of directors are proposing a bylaws change that would allow for an Optional Chapter Membership Structure. This new model would allow for new and renewing members the option to join the state, local, or regional chapter of their choosing, or no chapter at all, depending on their needs. Voting for the bylaws change will open on January 4 and will close on February 4. Prior to the vote find more information at http://aaohn.org/page/optional-chapter-structure. AAOHN is also holding a live Town Hall meeting Thursday, December 6 at 12:00 pm ET. Ginny Carlson will also be offering two conference calls for MAOHN members to explain the proposed changes.
Dates/Times for Conference Calls with Ginny are:
Wednesday, December 12, Noon- 1:00PM
To Access the Call:
Monday, December 17, 11:30 AM -12:30 PM
To Access the Call:
We look forward for a lively discussion!
- A task force has met and begun the process of updating the MAOHN Strategic plan for 2019-2021. We plan to meet two more times and then submit the final draft to the MAOHN Board for approval.
Summary of November
Three nurses came forward showing interest in forming study group for the ABOHN certification exam. They have been connected and we wish them the best with their exam preparation.
Looking forward to 2019
- Join MAOHN colleagues on a tour of 3M in Eden Prairie. January 24 from 1:00-3:30.
- Mark your calendars for the 2019 MAOHN Professional Development Conference on May 22, 2019.
- Nominate yourself or an MAOHN colleague to receive one of our annual awards. Please click on the following link for more information about the awards and a link to the application(s): https://www.maohn.org/awards.php
- Consider throwing your hat in the ring for open positions on the MAOHN Board in 2019-2020. We will be looking for President, Secretary, and two Board of Directors. A great way to explore and lead MAOHN.
Please feel free to reach your Board at any time via email@example.com!
May this winter season bring you a little more than you need.
MAOHN President 2018-2019