Hello MAOHN Members and Friends,
October is here! One of my favorite months, I plan to try and enjoy every minute of all the changes this month brings to Minnesota.
As the year continues to more forward, so are your MAOHN Board of directors. Here are the highlights:
- MAOHN strategic plan update - AAOHN has now published the new strategic plan for 2018-2021. Perfect timing because it is time for MAOHN to update ours as well. To accomplish this task, a work group consisting of MAOHN members will be meeting in October to review the AAOHN plan and complete a draft of an updated MAOHN plan to then propose to the MAOHN Board for a vote.
- MAOHN Professional Development Conference - Yes, the professional development committee is going forward and planning for another all day event in May 2019! Watch as more details to unfold. Looking forward to seeing many of you there!
AAOHN Chapter Challenges Task Force Update
- Member voices have been heard and the AAOHN Chapter Challenges Taskforce and Board of directors are proposing a bylaws change that would allow for an Optional Chapter Membership Structure. This new model would allow for new and renewing members the option to join the state, local, or regional chapter of their choosing, or no chapter at all, depending on their needs. Voting for the bylaws change will open on January 4 and will close on February 4. Prior to the vote find more information at http://aaohn.org/page/optional-chapter-structure. AAOHN is also holding a live Town Hall meeting Thursday, December 6 at 12:00 pm ET. Ginny Carlson will also be offering two conference calls for MAOHN members to explain the proposed changes later this year. Dates to be determined.
Coming up this month, we have a few events we want you to consider putting on your calendar.
- Join MAOHN member, Lucy Carlson RN, MPH/MS, COHN-S/CM in an informal conversation by conference call to discuss the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certification Options and Requirements. Dates/Times for Conference Calls: Monday, October 8, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM and Thursday, October 11, 11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon. No need to register, just call in.
- MAOHN Fall Member Meeting- Wednesday October 17th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM at St. Francis Hospital in Shakopee. Topic will be a Bloodborne Pathogen Update on the latest standards. For this meeting, you will have a choice to join the meeting in person or via webinar. What a great way to meet other MAOHN members!
Please feel free to reach your Board at any time via email@example.com!
May all of you find one thing to be grateful for each day.
MAOHN President 2018-2019